Are you tired of your quartz countertops looking dull and lifeless? Are you unsure of how to get them shining again? In this article, I will walk you through 4 methods and each of the steps necessary to make your quartz countertops shine again. Let’s begin by looking at how quartz countertops become dull in the first place.
How Does Quartz Countertops Loose It Shine?
Before we understand how to make quartz countertops shine again, we must look at how they become dull in the first place. There are a few ways this can happen:
- Using Harsh Cleaners:
Many household cleaners are too harsh for quartz countertops and can leave them looking dull.
To avoid this, be sure to only use cleaners that are specifically designed for quartz countertops. You can find these at most home improvement stores.
If you’re not sure which cleaner to use, you can always contact the manufacturer of your quartz countertops for recommendations.
- Not Cleaning Regularly:
Another way quartz countertops can become dull is by not cleaning them regularly. Even though quartz is a very low-maintenance material, it still needs to be cleaned on a regular basis in order to prevent build-up and staining.
- Cutting Directly on the Countertop:
Cutting directly on the countertop is another no-no when it comes to quartz countertops. Quartz is a very hard material, but it can still be scratched and damaged if you cut directly on it. Use a cutting board when prepping food to protect your countertops.
There are over a dozen ways quartz countertops can become dull or lose their shine. You can check out an article I wrote earlier about The 11 Reasons Quartz Countertops Dull and How to Prevent It.
How To Make Quartz Countertops Shine Again
Now that we understand how quartz countertops can become dull, let’s take a look at how to make them shine again. There are a few different methods you can use, but I will walk you through the three most common.
Method #1: Using Quartz Countertop Cleaner And Polish
The first and most reliable way to make your quartz countertops shine again method is to use a quartz countertop cleaner and polish. These products are specially formulated to clean and polish quartz countertops without damaging them.
They contain a gentle abrasive that will remove any build-up on your countertops and leave them looking shiny and new.
It is the perfect remedy if your quartz countertops have suffered serious dulling from built-up grime, grease, and fingerprints. It usually comes in spray bottles so they are very easy to use.
The only catch is you get a good quartz countertop cleaner and polish. My personal go-to is the Weiman Quartz Countertop Cleaner and Polish which you can find on Amazon. You can find a dozen other similar products by doing a quick search on Amazon.
To use this method, simply follow the instructions on your chosen cleaner and polish. Most products will require;
- Step One: Dust off the surface of the quartz countertop using a clean microfiber cloth. This will remove any loose dirt and debris that could scratch the surface of the countertop during cleaning.
- Step Two: Spritz the cleaner on the surface of the countertop and use a clean microfiber cloth to wipe it in a circular motion.
- Step Three: Polish the surface of the countertop using a second clean microfiber cloth. Again, wipe in a circular motion until the entire surface has been polished.
Method #2: Using Quartz Countertop Polishing Wipes
I personally discovered this alternative when I was doing research for an earlier article I wrote about the best wipes for quartz countertops.
During this research, I ordered a bunch of natural stone cleaning wipes and the Granite Gold Polishing Wipes proved to be the best when it comes to polishing and shining countertops like quartz.
These wipes are also formulated with cleaning and polishing quartz countertops in mind so you don’t have to worry about damaging your counters.
They are quick and easy to use. The best part is you can use these wipes for your daily cleaning routine to keep your counters looking shiny and new. To use;
- Step One: As always, dust off the surface of your quartz countertop with a microfiber cloth to remove any surface dirt or debris.
- Step Two: Take the wipes out of the package and gently wipe the entire surface of your countertop.
- You will notice the wipe start to turn black as it picks up dirt and grime from your counters.
- Step Three: Once you have gone over the entire surface, dispose of the wipe.
- Step Four: Repeat steps two and three until your counters are clean and shiny again.
- You can use these wipes as often as you like to keep your quartz countertops looking their best.
If you’re looking for an easy way to make your quartz countertops shine again, give Granite Gold Polishing Wipes a try. I’m sure you’ll be as impressed with them as I am.
Method #3: Using Mild Dish Detergent Solution
Another effective way to clean and polish quartz countertops is to use a mild dish detergent solution.
Dish soap is formulated to cut through grease and grime, making it the perfect choice for making your quartz countertops shine again.
Plus it is a cheaper alternative to buying a special quartz countertop cleaner. Chances are you already have dish soap in your kitchen so you don’t have to go out and buy anything special. To use this dish detergent to make your quartz countertops shine again;
- Step One: Fill a spray bottle with warm water and add a few drops of dish soap.
- Step Two: Spray the solution on your quartz countertops and use a clean microfiber cloth to wipe it in a circular motion.
- Step Three: Rinse the surface of the countertop with clean water to remove any leftover soap residue.
- Step Four: Dry the surface of the quartz countertop with a clean microfiber cloth.
Method #4: Using White Vinegar
Another awesome home remedy to making your quartz countertops shine again is using vinegar.
This combination is great for cutting through grease and grime. It is also a very cheap alternative to buying a commercial cleaner.
Vinegar is a gentle abrasive that will not scratch the surface of your quartz countertops. To use this home remedy;
- Step One: Make a mixture of equal parts water and white vinegar.
- Step Two: Pour the mixture into a clean spray bottle.
- Step Three: Spray the solution on your quartz countertops and use a clean microfiber cloth to wipe it.
- Step Four: Rinse the surface of the countertop with clean water to remove any leftover vinegar residue.
- Step Five: Buff the surface of the quartz countertop with a clean microfiber cloth until it is shiny and streak-free.
Tips When Making Your Quartz Countertops Shine Again
There are a few things you should keep in mind when cleaning and polishing your quartz countertops.
- First, always use a clean microfiber cloth to avoid scratching the surface of your counters.
- Second, if you are using a cleaner that contains harsh chemicals, be sure to rinse the surface of your counters thoroughly with clean water to remove any residue.
- Avoid using abrasive cleaners or scrubbers on your quartz countertops as this can damage the surface.
- If you are unsure about a cleaner, test it on a small area of the countertop before using it on the entire surface.
Following these simple tips, your quartz countertops will be shining like new in no time! Thanks for reading and I hope this article was helpful.
Quartz countertops are a beautiful addition to any kitchen. They are durable and require little maintenance. But, like anything else in your home, they will eventually need to be cleaned and polished.
The good news is that there are several ways you can make your quartz countertops shine again.
So, if your counters are looking a little dull, try one of the methods above and see for yourself how easy it is to make them shine again. Thanks for reading! I hope this article was helpful. Until next time!